Monday, September 14, 2009

Note: This Is Not A Review

Read the title. This is not a review of the game Scribblenauts. Instead, this is just some of the crazy things I've done in the game so far. If you are unfamiliar with the game and are wondering how I've done these things in a game, I'll breifly explain how Scribblenauts works. In the game, you play as Maxwell. Maxwell has a magical notepad that makes whatever he writes on it appear in the game. Using this notepad, Maxwell has to accomplish goals in the game to earn Starites. The game has over 10,000 nouns in its system that you can summon with the notepad. I've been messing around with the game just to see what I could create with it. Here's some of the more interesting things.- I found out who would win in a battle between God and Satan by summoning both of them and letting them duke it out. (Also, I found out who would win between God and a Velociraptor, God and a T-rex, God and Death, and God and a Giant Squid. The results are quite funny.)
-I knocked over a stack of bottles by throwing a tentacle at them.
-I suddenly sprouted wings so that I could retrieve a flower from a cliff.
-I stopped a bee from charging me by dropping a huge boulder on it, which doesn't sound too crazy, but when everybody else was trying to kill it with pistols and flamethrowers, dropping a boulder on it made me laugh.
-I killed a pirhana by dropping a shark in with it. I also killed it with an alligator, a crocodile, and another giang squid. (I really like that giant squid.)
-I rescued a kitten off a roof by luring it with catnip.
-I created a battle royale by summoning Death, God, Satan, a T-Rex, and a Cuttlefish. Then, just for fun, I ended the battle by dropping a Nuke on the map.
-I cleaned up a park by burning all the trees and trash, then proceeded to kill a fly with a chainsaw.
-I personally killed God with a bazooka.
-I blew up a polar bear with land mines.
-I had a witch turn God into a frog and eat him.
-I shrank a tornado with a shrink ray.
These are just a few of the things I've done in the game. There are still words that I'd like to try out and see what they do. If you've played the game, share some of the crazy things you've done or some of the solutions you've come up with for the puzzles.
Watch for a full review on the game from either myself or from Koubo sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think God is going to think to highly of your place in heaven after you've killed him so many times in so many strange ways.... :P Although having him in that battle royal just sounds dang awesome! XD I'll bet it was quite the epic one, that's for sure.

    This does sound like a really fun game though. I'll be looking forward to your review for it, but from the sound of things already I may just go out and pick it up anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend picking it up. It's incredibly fun and still remains a challenging game. (I'm currently stuck on a level where I have to kill dinosaurs for a caveman's omelet). I'm always finding new ways to solve the puzzles by using new words, which is also a challenge. I like to try to not reuse words too much.

    ReplyDelete