Monday, August 31, 2009

$4 billion potentially catastrophic dissapointments

(This article has been edited by Koubo.)

This makes all of us at TCO disappointed.

If you don't want to believe this information if it comes from just one location, believe three more sites, as that this is definitely not small news.

In a press conference on August 28, 2009, the aquisition was announced. The news is not small. Put a search into google and countless links pop up informing of the news. And if you read user comments on articles that are allowed to be posted on the appropriate sites, people end up either stating they hate it or fear that it will make marvel turn quite sour.

Regardless, the process should be done by the end of this year. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to see all of my beloved comic book characters become fodder for the monsters at Disney. I can just see the monstrosities now: "Hannah Montana meets Spider-man" or "The Jonas Brothers join the X-men".

While that seems very unlikely, it will now be a possibility.

While it may not be well-known, it is not hidden that Warner Bros. Entertainment bought out DC Comics in 1969. No noticeable effects have hit the media yet. and it is 40 years later. Disney is different than WB, that is for sure, but only time will tell if they will take the path that most people are fearing.

I can think of at least 20 other movie companies I'd rather see Marvel bought by. [At least]
the article(s) (do) state that all the current movie deals are going to stay the same. Spider-man 4 will still be done by Sony Pictures, X-men Origins: Magneto and X-men Origins Wolverine 2 will still be done by 20th Century Fox, etc. So, at least we still have that. But, for any future Marvel Comic movie adaptations, expect to see them sailing under the Jolly Roger of Disney.
What does everyone else think of this? Am I the only one who is dreading it?

1 comment:

  1. http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg

    Although I don't know, Disney has made some very solid live action movies in the past, so I guess it's not all bad. If they can make some good Pirates of the Caribbean-caliber movies with the Marvel stories then I won't complain too much anyways. I'm just worried about how they'll be marketed under Disney is all. That could definitely get a little too lame for my liking......

    ReplyDelete